Sexual Positions for Ananga Ranga
The Ananga Ranga is a collection of erotic works, which includes sections from the Kama Sutra. It was written around 1172 AD to prevent the separation of a husband and wife. The author, Kalyana Malla, believed the main reason for separation was the monotony that follows marriage or couple hood and a couple’s want for variety in their sexual life.
Most of the Ananga Ranga sexual positions are similar to Kama Sutra sexual positions. The most common Ananga Ranga sexual positions include:
· All Encompassing Sexual Position - The woman lies on her back with legs crossed and raised, as the man rest on top of her.
· Balance Position – The couple lies on their sides without any movement or change in the position of their limbs. In this sexual position lovemaking is gentle and focuses on rhythm and breathing.
· Bird Sexual Position - The woman lies on her back and the man sits between her legs raising them to either side of his waist.
· Crab position - For this sexual position, the man and woman both lie on their sides. The man lies between her thighs with one leg under him and the other over him just below his chest.
· Elixir Sexual Position - The woman lies on her back as the man squats on both feet. He places both hands under her lower back and pulls her to him as she grabs his neck. He can gently rock back and forth in this sexual position.
· Lotus position - The man sits cross-legged in a yoga position. The woman sits on his lap and wraps her legs around his waist as he places his hand on her shoulders. There is little need for movement in this sexual position.
· Splitting bamboo - This sexual position requires the woman to lie on her back with one leg on the man’s shoulder and the other leg straight out on the bed. This is an easy sexual position to help a woman achieve orgasm.
· Tortoise Sexual Position - The woman sits on the man’s lap. As he penetrates, he places his mouth, arms and legs on the woman’s corresponding parts of his partner's body. This sexual position can help circulate and exchange energy, which is one of the secrets of longevity.
© 2005 www.SexualPosition.info